FreeOffice 2016 is based on SoftMaker Office 2016, the current generation of Office software from SoftMaker, thus benefiting from the many improvements that SoftMaker has made to the commercial version. For example, it renders graphics even faster than its predecessor, which was pretty nippy anyway, by using several CPU cores, is compatible with Windows XP to Windows 10 as well as all current Linux distributions and supports both touchscreens and 4K (UHD) monitors.
Check out some of the additional improvements of FreeOffice 2016:
- Even better compatibility with Microsoft Office: FreeOffice was already viewed as the reference for seamless processing of Microsoft Office documents. The new version, FreeOffice 2016, uses revised file filters, whose quality was improved even further. The result: FreeOffice 2016 opens Word document in DOC and DOCX formats, XLS and XLSX format Excel worksheets and PowerPoint presentations in PPT and PPTX formats loss-free. No other free Office suite achieves this unproblematic interoperability.
- New EPUB export and improved PDF export: Directly from inside each of the FreeOffice applications, you can create high-quality PDF files, which now also include PDF tags, comments, tracked changes and bookmarks. A brand new addition to FreeOffice TextMaker is export to EPUB format which lets you create e-books from your documents at the flick of a key.
- Pivot tables and conditional formatting just as in Excel 2016: The latest FreeOffice PlanMaker provides pivot tables for sophisticated data analysis at eye-level with Microsoft Excel. Conditional formatting now works as in Excel 2016 – including color bars, marking of the highest and lowest values as well as icons for value trends.
- Huge worksheets with up to one million rows are now offered by FreeOffice PlanMaker as are additional mathematical functions and new chart types.
- Improved tables in FreeOffice Presentations: The old version of Presentations collated tables from AutoShapes. This changes with FreeOffice 2016 – Presentations now supports genuine tables, like those that can be found in TextMaker or modern versions of PowerPoint.
- With animations and slide transitions based on DirectX, new FreeOffice Presentations gives you a large variety of spectacular effects that make slide shows genuine “eye-catchers”.
Download FreeOffice 2016 today to explore its many new features!
Files and printing
- Presentations can be exchanged between any version of SoftMaker Presentations on any operating system with no loss of fidelity.
- Open and save PPT files from Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2016 faithfully, including password-protected files
- Open PPTX files from Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 to 2016 faithfully, including password-protected files
- Document preview straight from the file dialog
- Create PDF files directly in Presentations with your choice of slides, outlines, handouts and notes
- Tagged PDFs and bookmarks in PDF files
- Export entire presentations as collections of images
- Send presentations in a freely selectable format (e.g. PPT or PDF) by e-mail
- Several attractive design templates give you impressive results fast
- Each template comes with an array of matching color schemes
- Design your own color schemes and switch between them at the press of a button
- Slide layouts for flexible slide design
- Universal placeholders that can be filled with text, graphics, tables, videos or sounds as required
- Sophisticated slide master concept (enables global changes to all slides simultaneously)
- Numerous graphical bullets included
Graphics and drawings
- Comprehensive drawing and image functions integrated
- Draw and design directly in your document with AutoShapes that are fully compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Insert images in a range of file formats
- Mirror effects, soft shadows and transparencies
- Change brightness, contrast and gamma of images directly in FreeOffice Presentations
- Connector lines between objects
- Large symbols library for flowcharts and org charts
- TextArt feature for type effects
- Easily insert movie and sound files
- Automatic or action-triggered playing (click or mouse-over) of multimedia files
- Play sounds across slides
Animations and slide transitions
- Hundreds of different object and text animations available
- Ready-made animation schemes for animating entire presentations at once
- Numerous impressive animations and file transitions based on DirectX (only in Windows)
- Both user-controlled and automatic presentations without a speaker (kiosk mode)
- Interactively present slide shows with a virtual pen and highlighter
- Notes as a memory aid for the speaker
- Handouts for the audience
Managing and outlining
- Outline view
- Integrated slide sorter for managing and re-sorting the slides
- Fully Unicode-enabled, including Arabic
- FreeOffice Presentations for Windows is an OLE server and can insert its slides in any other program.
- You can zoom and scroll with your fingers on touchscreens
- Support for 4K (UHD) monitors
- Spell-check in 58 languages with Hunspell dictionaries
- Automatic hyphenation in 33 languages
- Application can be installed to a USB flash drive so that it can be used on any PC without installation.